Saturday, July 25, 2009

Truckstop R&B


Thought y'all might get a kick out of this track. I just cut this song "Constantina" with Noah Shane at his studio in Hollywood. Noah played trap set drums and put that big truck stop R&B beat on it. Paul Ill came by and put that unforgivable dirty damned bass line down. Zander Schloss crawled out of the sleeper of his tractor trailer and played that filthy bouzouki part on his way across the parking lot headed for the two dollar showers. Right when we needed some one to distract the cashier girl at the pumps so we could get away clean with a tank full of discount diesel, Jordan Shapiro showed up with his steel and stole that broads damned mind. Hell, I'm just tellin' the story, it wasn't my fault.

Constantina

Baby I know you got your secrets
Honey I got my secrets too
The letter I sent did you receive it
I wrote it all down in black & blue

You wear you cloths like a knife in a sheath
You hide yo eyes you look at me like a thief
You sound like Baton Rouge & girl I feel you
There's no one lookin' baby I'm gonna steal you

Honey I'll take you to the airport
But I won't watch you fly away
Girl I know your heart is war torn
Constantina cross your heart now let us pray
Our Blessed Lady of Assumption
Is there nothing you can do
Why so many fallen angels
Where lies the burden of the proof

You wear your cloths like a knife in a sheath
So cruel and slow you cut me vicious and deep
You dig Los Angeles Nights & girl I feel you
Right in the broad day light I'm gonna steal you

I could just walk away and leave you
I won't look back I'm gone and on my way
'Cause girl I want you but I don't need you
To be you fool that's too high a price to pay

You wear your cloths like a knife in a sheath
You hide your eyes you look at me like a thief
You sound like Baton Rouge & girl I feel you
There's no one lookin' baby I'm gonna steel you

Boo Ray-Noah Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment